Saturday 28 July 2012

A Really Wild Time

I'm currently set up at the Really Wild Food festival in St David's Pembrokeshire. The family are fast asleep in the tent and I'm up pondering what to cook for today's demo. It was a great day yesterday, I rustled up a tasty paella in front of a delightful audience, while Tim Hayward and 'Rich the mike' from radio four's food programme waved microphones in my general direction. Not sure when it's going on air, not sure if I was supposed to tell you that, but hey! Summer's finally here. We even drove down the road to Whitesands beach for a splash in the waves after the show yesterday. Looking in the cupboard I reckon it going to be a broad bean and asparagus risotto today. I've also got some turkey hearts and laverbread which Tim and Rich brought for me yesterday, oh and some black pudding too, heaven knows what I'll make of those, but it will all get cooked! Long long drive home tonight after the show, then it's time to start packing for our family holiday as we're off at the weekend. A jaunt to Spain on the train and a weeks camping on Menorca.

No comments: