Wednesday 14 March 2012

2012 off to a good start

2012 is shaping up to be a busy year for the Guyrope Gourmet.  I'm now a member of the Guild of Food Writers and have a regular slot in Camping Magazine as well as Great Food Magazine.  Both tomes, excellent in their field, with the former being very excellent in a field!  I continue to ply offerings to Fire & Knives and the Foodie Bugle, while also temping editors of the national press to take my epistles (with a degree of recent success I might add!)


Had a splendid night at Bettakultcha in February, where I waxed lyrical about the origins of the Guyrope Gourmet in front of a willing crowd. Hoping to be invited back soon.


I've booked a 'world tour' of cookery demonstrations, which will be laced with tales of derring-do, delicious food for you to sample, and the odd tune on my trusty ukulele. 




Confirmations for the following prestigious foodie and outdoor events: 


20th May - Malton food festival
28th & 29th July - The Really Wild Festival, St David's
25th August - Studfold Farm campsite, Nidderdale, Yorkshire
28th August - Kilnsey Show, North Yorkshire (with #supperclubinatent planned for the evening)
15th & 16th September - Abergavenny Food Festival


The first of the 2012 Guyrope Gourmet #supperclubinatent nights will be in April (date TBC), with more to follow over the summer and into the autumn.




A new venture, the Guyrope Gourmet Cookery School, is set to get under way at Studfold Farm campsite.  This is being made possible with the help of the very excellent tent and camping equipment manufacturer Outwell, who have supplied cooking stoves and other equipment for the school.  These will be small, informal classes in which you can pick up a few tips and learn to be a guy rope gourmet yourself.  Full details, including dates and costs will follow in the Spring.


Throughout 2012 I will be working hard on the Guyrope Gourmet cookery book, which I am hoping will be published in the Spring of 2013.  I'm dying to let this cat out of the bag, but fear it might escape, so you'll just have to bear with me for details soonish.



No comments: